My ideal phone
The advancement in do it yourself and open source electronics for phone parts made me think about what would be my ideal phone. What I'd love is a productivity phone with a touch of audio capabilities for leisure.
Ideally the hardware would have:
- A physical keyboard like the Blackberry phones
- An energy efficient and readable small screen
- A 4G antenna to allow sharing connections
- An USB-C port for charging and data transfer
- A headphone jack for music and microphone
- A big storage capacity
On the software side:
- Phone calls and texts of course
- The ability to use contacts, calendars and notes from a third party provider instead of storing it locally
- A podcast app with search on the Apple directory, download and play
- A music application that can play local files but also download them from a private library
- A few utility and productivity apps like calendar, calculator, notes, etc...
- A few discussion apps for open source services like signal and connections
And that's it. Not having a browser would be a huge change as I am addicted to distractions coming from it. No camera is not a huge deal as I would probably buy a dedicated camera instead. The lack of GPS could be bothersome but I don't often travel that much.
Generated: November 12th, 2021